Impact Church led by Senior Pastor Keenann R. Knox is a loving church, loving people. Impact is a non-denominational, Bible-based, Christian church on the east side of Detroit. Sunday worship service is at 11:01 am. We offer creative worship, children’s church, and a safe nursery. Impact offers opportunities to be connected and involved for the entire family from our Children’s Ministry to our SALT ministry for those 55 years or older.
Our Mission Statement
Through the force of our Faith, families, and communities are fully restored in Jesus’ name.” At Impact, we believe that faith changes people, situations, communities and the world. We are here to make an impact. Our ministry began in 1998 with 20 founding members as New Creation in Christ.
Articles of Faith
- We believe in one God manifested in three persons- Almighty Father, Divine Son and Holy Spirit…Eternally Self-Existent, “I AM”, the Creator of Heaven and earth, and Redeemer of mankind Genesis 1:1, John 5:7, John 1:1,4:24, Matthew 10:20, II Corinthians 3:17-18
- We believe in the Bible as the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God and the only rule of faith, guide for practice and indisputable and ultimate authority of the Revelation of God, His Will and His Way. II Timothy 3:16-17, Psalms 19:7-11, 2 Peter 1:16-21
- We believe that Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man; that He was born of a virgin and that He lived a sinless life, in which He taught and wrought mighty works, wonders, and signs as revealed in the Gospels. I John 1:1-10
- We believe that Jesus Christ was crucified, died for our sins and raised from the dead bodily. We believe that He, by the grace of God, tasted death for every man; and that all must be born again through faith in Him or are forever lost. Redemption is accomplished by the cross and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, by grace through faith and believing in the heart that God raised Him from the dead. Salvation is by Jesus Christ and none other; for God has highly exalted Him and given a name, which is above every name, that at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow of those in Heaven, on earth and those under the earth. We further believe that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father. ‘Hebrews 2:9, John 3:1-18, John 6:44-49, Ephesians 2:8, Romans 10:9, Philippians 2:9-11
- We believe in the physical resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and that He ascended bodily into Heaven, and is now at the right hand of the Father as our Mediator, High Priest and Advocate. Acts 3:12-26, John 20, Hebrews 9:24, I Corinthians 15:12-28
- We believe in water baptism and Holy Communion as the ordinances of the church to be observed as public declaration of salvation through Jesus Christ. The observance of the Lord’s Supper commemorates His death, burial and resurrection in victory over satan, death, hell, and the grave. Matthew 3:11,14,26:26-29, Luke 22:17-23
- We believe in the personal, visible, imminent return of Jesus Christ in reign to victory. I Thessalonians 4:13-18, Corinthians 15:50-55, Revelation 19:19-20, 20:1-6
- We believe in the authority of the believer over the enemy satan and the victory gained by the exercise of that authority in the areas of deliverance, healing and holiness. Ephesians 1:20-23, 6:10-7
- We believe in the personality and reality of satan as the enemy of the Kingdom of God, Saints of God, and of the Lord; and in his ultimate defeat by the Lord Jesus Christ and potential defeat in the lives of spirit-filled believers clothed in the Armor of God. ‘Revelation 12:9-10, Matthew 4:2-11, Isaiah 14:12-17, John 8
- We believe in the autonomy of the local church as an independent entity with regard to matters of government, polity operation and discipline. ‘I Corinthians 5:5, I Thessalonians 3:6,14-15, Acts 11:22, Titus 1:5
- We believe that a true believer is eternally secure, that we cannot lose our salvation, but that sin will interrupt the joy of our fellowship with God and bring the loving chastisement of our Heavenly Father. John 10:28-30, John 3:16, Romans 8:1
- We believe that it is the goal of every believer to grow in spiritual maturity through obedience to the Word of God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. John 10:10, Ephesians 3:20, Philippians 4:13
Statement on Marriage and Sexuality
- We believe that marriage is ordained by God. This church defines “marriage” as the exclusive covenantal union of one man and one woman in which such union is a lifetime commitment. A civil government’s sanction of a union will be recognized as a legitimate marriage by the church only to the extent that it is consistent with the definition of “marriage” found in these Articles.
- Legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities outside of marriage (referred to in the New Testament as “porneia” -nopevia) including but not limited to adultery, premarital sex, homosexuality, and pedophilia are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious conduct, transgender behavior, and the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography, are incompatible with the biblical witness.
Qualifications (board members, employees, volunteers):
- Every minister, board member, employee, or volunteer shall affirm their agreement with the Articles of Faith and shall conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent therewith.
- Every member shall affirm their agreement with the Articles of Faith and behave in a manner that is consistent therewith.